You can now add up to three properties to your Limited Companies portfolio
To begin with there is a new funding product on the market that now enables you to use your limited company to buy up to three residential buy-to-let properties.
It appears that many business owners are now buying properties through their limited company. This may sound like a normal practice to many. In reality there are not many lenders on the market who can provide this type of funding.
Key points about buy to lets for limited companies
It is seen that many brokers are too quick to dismiss this type of lending as it is often a specialist area with a small number of lenders to assist.
To begin with this is a specialist funding product. It is not readily available from High street lenders as these prefer to stay with more traditional mainstream lending. As the High Street banks do not provide this type of funding many Businesses need to look at other funding options.
Actually many businesses are now looking to add properties to their portfolio. The key reason is to take advantage of the tax benefits which can be obtained. This is very advantageous for those higher or additional rate tax payers.
Other advantages are the fact that buying as a business reduces any potential personal liability should things go wrong.
Key features and benefits.
An opportunity to add to your property portfolio by purchasing residential buy-to-lets through a limited company.
- Borrow up to £1m for up to three properties
- Loan to value up to 70% for repayment and 65% for interest only
- Dedicated support from a specialist real estate relationship manager – experts in lending against property to limited companies
- Mortgage terms from 1 to 25 years, interest-only available for up to 15 years
- Repayment designed to suit you – fixed or variable rates available
Please note all loans are subject to application and status.
Is this right for your Business?
If your business is looking to get involved with “buy to lets” then this could be perfect for your business.
Furthermore this is ideal for any type of non property related business to start a small portfolio to compliment the existing business.
Key points from the lender.
- Fixed interest rates available for up to 10 years
- Variable rates based on Bank of England base rate
- An early repayment charge may apply if you repay all or part of your balance before the expiry of the agreed term
- Lending fees and associated borrowing costs apply and can be added to the mortgage balance
- For fixed-rate mortgages, if you decide to cancel the fixed interest rate, you may have to pay a breakage cost in addition to other fees, such as early repayment charges
- Similarly each mortgage application is considered on its own merits by our own dedicated borrowing team
- Especially important is that the majority shareholder must have a minimum personal income of £75,000 per year.
Any property used as security, which could include your home, may be repossessed if you don’t keep up repayments on your mortgage.
How do you apply?
If you have questions or want to speak to an expert for the right advice on getting a buy-to-let mortgage through a limited company, call us on 0161 8211478 or make an enquiry click below.
As members of the Financial Intermediary and Broker Association you can be assured of a great service. https://www.fiba.org.uk/